Sunday, April 10, 2011

coco day 14, seven day 10

Slacked off and skipped a day doing the blog...but not working the horses. Seven was in rare form today, and I have the pics to prove it.


Seriously, I want to know what's up with that tail. You're (probably) not an arabian, Seven. Don't start acting like one.

So since she was feeling so good she got to canter sets of poles during her workout. Not many, she did 4 sets one way, and maybe 6 poles total in the other direction, and a lighter trotting session. She's developed and attitude about being groomed that I don't appreciate one fucking bit. Seriously, she will gnash her teeth while she's being brushed...she's not brave enough to actually bite me, but she bites everything in reach. Coco, the lead rope, the tie rail, the air...I'm moderately worried about this behavior. Next Saturday is the follow-up exam for both horses, so I'll mention it to the vet then.

Coco was his usual handsome. dopey self. He's been getting lighter workouts for the past two days because he's seemed a little off since Saturday. Not lame, just...not exactly right. He doesn't want to work to the left, either. More questions for the vet.


I finally got my carrots planted and replanted my lettuce after the pot was accidentally overturned. I also spread around the horse poop that I brought home for fertilizer. Then, I baked 3 loaves of beer bread and one loaf of wheat banana bread.

Pretty busy day, all told.

No comments:

Post a Comment